I have the Motorola S11 Flex HD wireless Bluetooth headset which I have had connected to a Windows 8.1 Pro x64 machine with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth for Desktop card. This worked great for two months, then stopped the other day whenever I unplugged the machine to move it.
Any ideas on how to correct this?
What I Know
- The Bluetooth hardware in the machine is not loose from transportation, as I opened up the machine ensured all connections were tight after transport.
- The headset connects to and sounds great when connected to other devices.
- The machine will eventually discover but often drop connections to other Bluetooth devices.
- The headset works fine whenever I dual boot into Ubuntu on the same machine.
What I've Tried
- Updating the Intel Bluetooth drivers.
- Removing all Bluetooth devices from the Device Manager. This includes uninstalling any associated drivers.
- Remove the Microsoft Bluetooth stack. This was short lived, as I had to restore the registry after it went corrupt from this.
- Ensured all Bluetooth services are running.
- Updated Windows with the latest updates.
Here is what Happened
- The device would connect after many tries with poor sound quality.
- The Windows Bluetooth interface would always fail to remove the paired headset.
- Uninstalled via Device Manager.
- Scanning for hardware changes always brings the powered off/disconnected headset back again.
- Devices and Printers screen now displays a generic audio icon, instead of the headset's icon.
- Does not work at all now.