Pressing ALT+TAB is very helping in navigating among open windows in the desktop of my windows 8.1 PC.
NOTE 1: The menu that appears gives one the ability to navigate not only between open desktop windows but also minimised to taskbar windows.
- Effectively ALT+TAB gives one the ability to "switch" among ALL open applications that, off course, are displayed in a window.
- Now, I am not proficient in programming, in general. Yet I usually have many open windows and would like to navigate rapidly between them.
- I found that ALT+ESC actually does a better job serving my needs, as it is faster i.e.
- I don't need to click an extra button to get to the window I am interested in like I have to with ALT+TAB.
- And that would have been ALL and I would have been a happy windows user, but, ALT+ESC does not cycle through minimised to taskbar windows.
- In fact it does cycle through them but does not display a preview of them like ALT+TAB does.
- Actually with ALT+ESC I am more like looking for not the preview but the actual window.
- I have AutoHotKey installed. Any suggestions for a script that develops ALT+ESC functionality? Or is it impossible?
NOTE 2: ALT+SHIFT+ESC "cycles" through "open" windows backwards.
NOTE 3: I have also installed X Mouse Button control and have assigned ALT+ESC and ALT+SHIFT+ESC to my mouse's buttons 4 and 5, effectively cycling through "open" application windows by pressing buttons on my mouse. If only that were a little better...