I have an Acer Aspire ES1-111 which battery cannot hold any charge, I checked battery capacity using "powercfg -energy" and it showed that the battery still has its full capacity so I guess it must be bios problem.
I downloaded the latest bios update but it showed an error "cannot continue because battery juice under 15%" or something like that.
/forceit command parameter to no avail.
After digging deep I finally found a solution here on Super User:
- Download the BIOS update from Acer site (ZHK116.EXE)
- Run the downloaded file, you will get an error like "No battery" or "Low battery", stay on the error dialogue (!)
- Navigate to your current users temp directory (e.g. Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Temp), there should be somewhere a
temporary directory containing the extracted files from the EXE file
(for me it was 7zS4A88.tmp)
- Save the contents of that temp directory somewhere (you can then close the error dialogue, the temp files will be removed)
- Open the file platform.ini with a text editor and search for the key "AC_Adapter"
- Change parameter BatteryCheck from 1 to 0 or just leave it empty (this disables battery check during BIOS update preparation!), save
- Run InsydeFlash.exe in the same directory
- That's it, bios update should start now