I have a "ASRock Z87 OC Forumla/ac" motherboard that will not recognize my memory. Here are the memory specs that the board supports:
- 4x240 pin
- DDR3 3000+(OC)/2933(OC)/2800(OC)/2400(OC)/2133(OC)/1866(OC)/1600/1333/1066
The RAM that we're trying is "G.SKILL F3-2400C10D-16GTX" which are 2 8 GB sticks and it's specs are:
- Type - 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
- Speed - DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200)
- Voltage - 1.65V
The processor being used is an Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz quad-core processor.
The issue that I'm having is when attempting to power on the board, the on-board LCD tells me that the "Memory is not detected". It is plugged in the black slots (1st and 3rd) as it is the only ports it would fit into. I thought maybe it would need to be overclocked to work (please excuse my ignorance, it's my first build for a friend) but I cannot get to the BIOS.
I'm not sure if will help but the other parts are listed below, I apologize if I left out any details needed.
- CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
- Video Card - Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 8GB Vapor-X Video Card
- Case - Cooler Master HAF A ATX Full Tower Case
- Power Supply - Corsair Professional 1050W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
- Optical Drive - Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
- Primary Drive - WD Black2 Dual Drive 2.5" 120 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD Kit WD1001X06XDTL
- Secondary Drive - Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RMP Internal Hard Drive