On Windows Server 2012R2, I have the following issue:
- I can ping my other (Linux) server
- I can telnet into it on port 80
- I can send a GET /url/ and I receive a response with html (in telnet)
- I can also issue Invoke-WebRequest -OutFile index.html http://my-server-ip/ and get index.html on the Windows machine...
Internet Explorer refuses to open any page, be it on the said server, or in the internet.
- I have checked that no proxy is set in IE
- I have checked that the Enhanced Security Configuration of IE is off (which it is)
The windows assistant just tells me that the web server is not responding (which is false, as the telnet experiment shows).
What could be the problem?
It finally got solved, but I don't know why. Someone connected with Administrator privileges, launched IE on the url, and... it worked. Then I connected with my user, and... it worked... So, any explanation would be welcome! (maybe some initialization that needs admin rights to operate ??)