After installing recent Windows Updates the Windows Upgrade assistant fails to detect my Windows 8.1 version (previously it was able to get past this point).
This error appears in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 installers:
Sorry, we're having trouble determining if your PC can run Windows (8.1/10). Please close Setup and try again.
1) Rolled back Windows Updates.
2) Disabled third-party startup programs, services and antivirus.
3) Detached secondary hard drives and USB devices.
4) Performed system files "Disk Cleanup", System File Checker and DISM Image Cleanup.
5) Attempted to install with USB, mounted ISO and physical DVD.
The problem persists!