I want to add a network printer as a shared printer. I am following the following instructions:
- Click Start > Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a Printer on the top.
- Select Add a local printer.
- Select Create a new port, select Local Port for the Port Type, and click Next.
- For Port Name, enter the network path to the printer by entering two slashes, the computer name or local IP address of the PC sharing the printer, and then the share name of the printer. For example “
\\dellpc\hpprinter” or “
- Select the printer and click Next. If the exact model isn’t listed, try the closest model number or a generic printer.
- Follow the rest of the wizard.
I am getting stuck on step 5. I enter the name of my printer as
\\10.1.11.43\Color Konica Minolta and get the error "The specified network name is no longer available". The network location comes right out of the printer properties (Ports tab) and is a valid working printer.