I have Windows XP Pro x64 and I use Firefox as my browser.
When I go to http://www.weather.com/weather, there are videos listed on the right hand side. I used to be able to click on the video title and they would open. I had a problem with my pc and had to do a system restore to after Adobe was installed but the files at this website stopped opening. All I get is a black box. I uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled these programs one at a time but the files still don't open:
- Adobe Flash Player 17_a
- Flash_player_ax Flash Player for Internet Exporer - ActiveX (I occasionally use IE8)
- Adobe Flash Player - Active-x for Windows
- install_flash_player NPAPI for Firefox
- Adobe flashplayer17ax_a_install
- Adobe install_flashplayer17x32_aaa_aih
- Adobe Shockwave Installer Slim 184.108.40.206
They're the latest versions from the Adobe website.
In Add/Remove Programs, Adobe Flash Player 17 Active X and Adobe Flash Player 17 NPAPI are listed but there's no size to them, the "Size" field is blank. The other Adobe programs that I installed aren't even listed there, and it's the the same with Revo Uninstaller.
I ran Avast, BitDefender, MBAM, Avira, SecurityCheck, and Spybot S&D and they showed only cookies so I don't think it's a malware problem.
Can anyone give me some help?