My PC clock was wrong, (Time Service not running), and I decided to fix it.
I tried this
"Once you have opened regedit, navigate to the following registry key:
HKLM\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControl\services\TapiSrv Now in the right pane right-click on ImagePath and select Modify. Here in the Value data box, make sure that the value is:
%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService "
Once I rebooted, the internet connection was lost.
- Rebooting the PC and the router
- Disabling and reenabling the adapter,
- ipconfig /release /renew,
- changing the -k parameter to LocalSystemNetworkRestricted and service -> Telephony logon to local
- ipconfig /flushdns -> nbtstat -R -> nbtstat -RR -> netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt -> netsh winsock reset
- Booting into safe mode (with networking)
- Change image path in Tapisrv to have -k NetworkService and then went in to the Logon tab and set it to 'this account' 'Network Service' and blank passwords.
- Disabled windows firewall, anti virus is Windows Defender
it is a dual boot system. If I boot into ubuntu , no internet problems.
I can see the router in Windows, so it sees the router but will not go through to the internet.
For what is it worth, the pc is a custom build with the following specifications
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @3.4GHz RAM: 8GB DDR3 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Graphics: Nvidia 2GB 660 Ti Storage: 119GB OCZ-Vertx4 SSD & 3TB Seagate St3000DM001-1CH166(SATA)
Any ideas how I can get back online?