I have a Toshiba Satellite E45t-A4100 laptop which won't get past the Toshiba Leading Innovation screen.
Yesterday I used it until the battery drained out completely, then I plugged it in and powered it up.
The power button light came on, the keyboard light up, the screen came on displaying Toshiba Leading Innovation, and it froze in this state. Indefinitely.
Unsuccessful steps I took in an attempt to fix this issue:
- Attempt to enter
- All F keys combinations.
- All F keys combinations holding FN pressed down.
- Powering the device holding ESC, F1, F2, or 0 pressed down for a few seconds then press F2 and/or F12.
- None of these steps got me into the
BIOSnor changed the loading screen.
- Reset the battery.
- Disconnect and reconnect the battery.
- Completely remove the battery.
- Remove the HDD.
- Remove and replace the memory cards.
Other useful information:
- It always powers on and off with one push of the button.
- The keyboard always lights up and goes off after about 30 seconds without coming back on.
- The Caps Lock light never comes on.
- While in this state, the CPU (and the bottom of the laptop) gets hot (to the touch). The fan kicks on and stays running.
- I have not performed any
BIOSchanges at all. No reflashing, no tuning, not even accessing it in the past year or so.
- It runs Fedora 20.
Besides this, I am completely out of ideas of what I should do next.
Also, I have:
- Removed the
- Removed the wireless card.
- Disconnected other PCIe components.
All of these with the same result: nothing.