I'm using Thunderbird along with my GMail account. I didn't find it very user-friendly, because I have to do things twice. For example, when I receive a mail, I have to delete or mark as read it both in GMail and Thunderbird. Doing so in only one of them doesn't affect the other.
I want Thunderbird to behave like this:
- When I delete a message in Thunderbird, it must also be deleted in GMail.
- When I delete a message in GMail, it must also be deleted in Thunderbird.
- When I read a message in Thunderbird, it must also be marked as read in GMail.
- When I read a message in GMail, it must also be marked as read in Thunderbird.
- If a message is filtered by a GMail filter to skip inbox (not shown in inbox and directly transferred to a label), Thunderbird mustn't display it either.
How do I make them work in parallel, so that doing things in one of them will suffice. Thunderbird must apply changes on it to GMail, and it must check GMail to keep itself up to date.
You may suggest an extension if this can't be done with Thunderbird alone.