I've got a chicken & egg problem. I'm a remote worker and I just received a new machine. I still have my previous machine, which is connected to my corporate network via VPN. On my new machine, I can't sign in because:
- My machine can't access a domain controller to perform the first logon
- I can't log in to set up the VPN.
I thought I might be able to share the VPN connection via my old machine, so I took these steps:
- Set up a hosted network on the old machine's unused wireless adapter, using
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=nsakey password=backdoor
- Started the hosted network with
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- Opened the settings for the VPN adapter in Network Connections, and enabled Internet Connection Sharing with "nsakey" home networking connection.
- Connected to nsakey network using the new machine
- Entered domain credentials
- Grimaced in defeat
I tinkered around with opening up kerberos & ldap ports 750 and 389 through ICS as well but that didn't help either; those were just guesses.
Is this something I should be able to do? Are my steps sound?