3 days ago I bought these components for my new computer:
- AsRock H97 Pro4 Motherboard
- GeForce GTX960 GPU
- DeepCool DA700 Power Supply
- Intel I7 4790k CPU
- 1TB WD Black HDD
- 1x8GB Kingston HyperX RAM
Problem: When I turn on the computer I hear no beeps and get no video output whatsoever. The CPU fan is spinning, the case fans are spinning too. And I hear some hard-drive noises as if it did a hardware check or it is trying to boot.
What I tried until now:
- Remove the CMOS battery for 30 seconds then put it back in. -> No Effect
- Check if the motherboard touches the case in any way. -> Can confirm that the case is properly lifted.
- Move the RAM bar to another slot (tried all 4). -> No effect
- Remove the RAM bar completely from the MBO and see if I get any beeping sounds while turning the power back on. -> No beeps or video
- Remove the video-card and try using the integrated graphics on the motherboard while trying all of the above -> No video output
- Replugged the ATX12V and ATXPWR cables. -> No change.
- Removed the case Reset Button from the MBO. -> No change.
- Cleared the CMOS using a jumper -> No change.
- Used another monitor, I even used my TV via HDMI -> No change
I feel like something tiny is missing here. I removed anything that is non-essential from the MBO like HDDs or the GPU... but nothing is working. A friend of mine got the same components from the same shop and he's already up and running. The only thing he got different is the case, a no-name PSU and a 4790 CPU.