after having this issue this morning I have done A LOT of reading of other questions. So hopefully I can provide plenty of info to assist in solving this
I can SSH using standard port 22 to the VM using either Bridged or Host-only networking. However when I try and visit a website (at this stage only hoping to see the welcome page) I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
- I'm using VirtualBox 4.3.26 on OS X 10.10.3
- The VM with the problem is CentOS 7 base
- I have installed Apache2 (httpd) using yum
- Apache is running
- No issues with Ping
- Internet connectivity fine fro mwithin VM when using any networking mode
- SELinux is disabled
- IPtables is disabled
- SSH on 22 works fine
Netstat says we are listening on 80
tcp 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN
- I have an Ubuntu 14.10-server VM with no issues. Just installed Apache2 with apt-get and am able to see the welcome page at 192.168.0.102 (IP while testing with Bridged mode) as read from ifconfig same as I'm trying to do with CentOS
Does anyone know what my issue could be?
I can't think where the request is possibly being refused.