We recently have installed Cat6 cabling in our walls using Cat5e jacks (Could not find any other type). From research, this seems to be a working method, however the connection is auto-negotiated by my network switch to be only 100Mbps.
I have ruled out the following:
- The router (Router has 4 x gigabit ports and I wired a laptop directly to it to test)
- The laptops NIC (Network switch negotiates gigabit speed with it)
- I have checked the wiring on the wall jacks and all color codes/numbers are in the correct spot. (T-568B)
- I tried forcing gigabit negotiation from the laptop Device Manager settings for the NIC and the connection is still 100Mbps
- Cables leading to/from the wall jacks (Both are Cat6 and I tested them)
Is there a way to fix this problem?