I had a doc file, which was converted to a docx file with Word 2013. Everything is working here. Then I made changes on this file with Word 2003 and saved the docx.
Now on a Word 2013 only the half of the document is shown. The rest of the document isn't shown. On Word 2003 everything is working as intended. Tracking changes is active in this document.
So it seems that the compatibility addon for Word 2003 (doxc compatibility addon) has introduced some errors in this document.
What can I do?
The open and repair feature of Word 2013/2003 didn't worked.
Seems that some Word versions can handle the file without problems and some not.
- Microsoft Office Word 2003 (11.8350.8341) SP3
- Microsoft Offiche Home and Business 2010 - Microsoft Word 2010 (14.0.7149.5000) 32-Bit
- Office 365 ProPlus (15.0.4711.1003)
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013 (15.0.4711.1003) => Microsoft Word 2013 (15.0.4711.1001) MSO (15.0.4711.1003) 32-Bit
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013 (15.0.4719.1002) => Microsoft Word 2013 (15.0.4719.1000) MSO (15.0.4719.1000) 32-Bit
I also tried some repair tools and you can forget them.
Pages 5.5.3 can open the file. The dropbox viewer also hasn't some problems. LibreOffice 220.127.116.11 has some general problems because it displays many things wrong. Word Online can display the document correctly (reading mode), but can't edit it.