I'm using Windows with Bootcamp on my Mid-2012 MacBook Pro (Here is the config). Recently when I play a game, I get frequent (and somewhat constant) stutter every 2-3 seconds, no matter if it's a 2D or 3D game, no matter if I lower the graphic and resolution.
I've searched extensively in the past few days and finally went to ask it here. Things I've tried so far:
- GPU-Z shows GPU temprature of around 90 C when I have the stutter.
- In Process Explorer, I can see that GPU usage is 100%, even in lowest graphic settings of low resolution of a not-AAA game. (Lara Croft and Temple of Osiris for example and Ori and The Blind Forest)
- I've updated my nVidia drivers to the latest.
- I've uninstalled everything nVidia related and installed them again.
- I've disabled Audio and Network drivers (as I've read they can cause stutter in cases).
- I've tried DPC Latency Checker and mostly I see a spike when I observe a delay.
I'm very afraid to have hardware fault since where I live, we don't have Apple stores.
Also I've installed DS3 Driver to attach a PS3 controller to my PC, even though the controller was not attached during the tests, this might've affected the performance since I've read that stutter is caused by a driver having problem doing it's task on proper time frame.
Any help is appreciated.