We are writing scientific text in Microsoft word which includes many tables. When the table is too big it is moved to another page. Thus between the text above the table and the table the blank gap is created. We would like to fill in the gap with the text from below the table. We can do that of course manually but because we have many these kind of tables we hope that MS word can do that automatically. Is this possible ? If yes, how ? Please help us !!!

Two pictures below describe how we would like that the text look before and after changes.

Before changes:

enter image description here

After changes:

enter image description here

  • Are you allowing your tables to break across pages? NB: edit your post, the images are not showing up. – K. Rmth Jun 21 '15 at 15:27
  • you should really be writing reports like this in Publisher not Word – willywonkadailyblah Jun 21 '15 at 15:27
  • Sorry, something went wrong and hyperlinks were not included. – igorpoznan Jun 21 '15 at 15:28
  • For some reasons we really would like that the table stays without breaking between pages. – igorpoznan Jun 21 '15 at 15:39
  • Change the word wrapping options of the table. I think its in "Table properties" -> Text wrapping. – K. Rmth Jun 21 '15 at 15:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.