Good day everybody,
I am having issues getting my Canon LiDE 120 scanner working with my Windows 8.1 (64bit) PC. I have tested the device using a Windows 7 PC and it worked fine there. I also know that several people have also got it working on Windows 8.1 devices so the issue must be with my PC. I would greatly appreciate any advice that will help me get the scanner to work!
After contacting Canon support I was told that the issue lies with Windows, and not the scanner itself. Using my event log, they got this: "Every occasion when you try to install or plug in the Scanner to this computer the Windows documents the source of the problem": The description for Event ID 123 from source Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
- The Issue
Simply put, the PC seems to have trouble communicating with the scanner, with it often displaying error codes: 2, 156, 182, 55 and 77. I have tried a number of different programs to scan my documents and pictures but the problem persists.
Below are some examples of what happens:
The scanner does not 'react' to my request to scan something (Via software or physical buttons on device)
- The scanner 'warms up' and remains in this mode for a couple of minutes before displaying (some of) the errors above.
The scanner warms up, begins to scan and manages to scan anything up to (about) 90% of the scanning surface before failing and displaying the above errors again.
What I have tried
- Installed accompanying software with the included 'Installation CD'.
- Downloaded the entire content of the installation CD directly from the Canon website.
- Downloaded the 'Driver' only via Canon
- Plugged in the device to Windows and let it download the Driver on its own.
- I have tried VueScan (Free), Windows Fax & Scan, Scan (Windows 8.1 App).
- Uninstalled all traces of previous scanner (A HP Scanner)
- Used Revo Uninstaller after every uninstall
- I reset my PC and reinstalled Windows 8.1 - again, to no avail.
Thank you for your time, I look forward to your posts!