I'd like to move one (or all) tab groups into their own window.
The Firefox Add-on Multiple Tab Handler appears to meet your requirements.
- Select a tab group (tabs in this group will be displayed)
- Select the tabs in the group (can be done with the mouse)
- Right click and select "Move to New Window"
This extension may conflict with other tab related extensions.
For example Tab Mix Plus uses some of the same short cut keys to select multiple tabs.
What is the Multiple Tab Handler extension?
About this Add-on
This provides features to handle multiple tabs at once, for example,
close them, reload them, and so on. When you press the mouse button
and dragging over tabs, they will be selected. (Note: The tab will be
just moved, if you move the mouse quickly.
To start selection, you have to keep the button pressed and wait for a
After you release the button, the popup to choose command will be
shown. Of course, you can toggle selection by Ctrl-click on each tab
and call features from the context menu. Yes, the behavior looks like
Buit-in features for selected tabs:
- Close selected tabs
- Close not-selected tabs
- Reload selected tabs
- Duplicate selected tabs
- Pin/unpin selected tabs (Minefield/Firefox 4)
- Move selected tabs to a group (Minefield/Firefox 4)
- Move selected tabs to a new window
- Bookmark selected tabs
- Copy URIs/titles+URIs/HTML links for selected tabs to the clipboard
- Save (download) selected tabs to the local disk
- Print selected tabs (require Print All Tabs: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/5142)
Source Multiple Tab Handler