I know it is possible to copy music from an iPod to iTunes. Is it possible to also copy playlists?
Yes, SharePod (Windows) can do this.
SharePod is easy to use and works! Heres some of the main features:
- Add & remove music and videos from your iPod
- Add, remove and edit playlists
- Add & remove album art
- View and backup photos
- Copy music, videos and playlists from your iPod to PC
- Import music/videos into your iTunes library, including playlists and ratings
- Tag editing
- Drag n' drop to and from Explorer
- Simple, clean interface
- Quick to load and use with no unnessary complicated features
- Support for iPhone and iTouch (Thanks to Nikias Bassen, Paul Sladen, Jonathan Beck, and Christophe Fergeau for making this possible)
If you're on a Mac I believe you can do this via iTunes.
- Plug your iPod in and launch iTunes
- Select your iPod from the left pane
- along the bottom right edge of iTunes are a bunch of icons. Click on the one that looks like an iPod. It'll bring up this configuration window:
- Click manually manage songs and playlists, then you can go back to the iTunes window and drag them around.