In any text editor, when I type
⌥ p it inserts
π at cursor
⌥ w it inserts
∑ at cursor
Thus every key when pressed with option ⌥ inserts some special character.
How can I disable this ?
Why I want to disable this?
- I hardly use these symbols
- I am an hardcore emacs user, hence I always prefer shortcuts like
- ^ A to move cursor to beginning, instead of Home
- ^ n to next line, instead of ↓
- ^ K to kill line
Thus I always use
Control + Keyfor every navigation in text.
But since mac has some other functionaly for
Option + KeyI cannot use some thing like, ⌥ w to copy region
- The reason I love Mac over Linux apart from Crispy UI, is its native
support to emacs shortcuts. If shortcut with
option modifier work well every text editor will be emacs for me.