I am trying to configure Jitsi to operate as a softphone for my Telekom Germany VoIP-connection.
So, I went to the website of Telekom Germany, which provides the following details for connecting:
- SIP-ID/User: Telephone number
- Display name (if available): Telephone number
- Authentification name / Username: Your login e-mail or Access Number (you get that when you book your connection)
- Password: Your password (You again get that when you book your connection)
- Outbound-Proxy: leave empty or
I believe that I configured a most things correctly, because:
- The profile got added just fine
- I get the availability status
- If a call is incoming, Jitsi gets that and rings.
But the following does not work, while it does on other devices:
- Making outgoing calls immediately errors as
- Answering a call works, but I cannot hear the other side and the other side cannot hear me. The connection establishes fine though.
The error message in the log is the following:
16:56:30.867 INFO:  impl.protocol.sip.OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.createOutgoingCall().184 Creating outgoing call to sip:[email protected] 16:56:31.483 SEVERE:  impl.protocol.sip.OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.processResponse().620 Received error: 606 Not Acceptable
I tried the following:
- I previously had X-Lite installed, which worked fully, with the same configuration like I use in Jitsi.
- I use Zoiper on my iOS phone with the same configuration as in Jitsi and it works fine as well.
The error that is being thrown when making outgoing calls looks like this (as described above):
I have also tried various number formats:
Both formats cause the same error.
You can view my settings here.