This question already has an answer here:
My Chrome extensions are constantly being deleted.
It happens when my laptop is in use and I reload them every time it happens for fear of my data being corrupted. I estimate they delete themselves twice an hour.
I have found forums discussing this as a Chrome fail, I have not found discussions relating this to a virus.
I have tried:
- Cleaning for virus & malware
- Reinstalling Chrome
- Uninstalling suspicious programs
- Junkware removal tools
- Syncing my settings while leaving out "extensions"
- Removed the unwanted extension from Google Chrome
- Run extensions in developer Mode
- Remove the related registry entries in HKEY Local Machine & HKEY Current User
- Removed extension's files using %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions & deleted all files & emptied reclycle bin.
I frequently run:
- Stinger 32
- McAffee Security Scan Plus
This started after I removed a series of viruses "Buy The App" and "Cut THee Price." I thought this might have been related to those, but now all scans have come out clean.
The extensions that delete themselves are Ghostery & AdBlock Plus.
I need help please?