I was trying to get a clean Windows installation on my hard drive, but am running into some issues. I get to the part where I need to select which hard drive I want to install Windows on. I have 2 harddrives, but both give this error:
We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files.
- Trying to install Windows 8.1
- The computer had Windows 8.1 installed before that too
- I'm installing through an USB drive with MBR partition scheme
- Screenshot of the error message
- My BIOS settings: 1, 2, 3
- I'm unable to copy or upload my Setup log files (since no OS) but I seem to be getting the exact same ones as here
Things I have tried:
- Cleaning the DISKPART
- Formatting the drives before attempting to install Windows
- Deleting and re-adding the drives
- Deleting and attempting to install on unallocated space
- Changing the boot order in the BIOS between Harddrive and USB
- Changing the SATA mode in the BIOS between AHCI and IDE
- Changing the EFI mode in the BIOS
- Disabling USB Legacy Boot mode and re-enabling it again
- Resetting the PC through the advanced Repair options, however this would corrupt the USB drive and result in this error
- Plugging out one of the hard drives so there was only one to install to
- Unplugging the USB, however it wouldn't let me continue the installation or even get to the first step without the USB.
- Fixing the MBR
- Tried Windows 7
- Resetting the BIOS to default Factory settings
None of these solutions worked.