I have an entirely new computer SPECS HERE (except for the ram which is ~5 years old) that has been running great.
Today however, every game I play has been experiencing lag that makes them nearly unplayable. I've tried playing 3 different games and all experience similar issues.
The issues I'm experiencing are:
- Terrible FPS (below 30FPS always and sometimes below 5) on low settings when previously I was getting +60 FPS on ultra settings
- Lag with in game menus (Click a menu and it takes a few seconds for anything to change)
- In one of the games I'm experiencing really bad mouse lag, where the in game mouse is jittery and delayed
- Some games are experiencing sound lag, others are not
Steps I've already tried to fix the issue:
- Uninstall NVidia graphics drivers and update to newest (353.30) version
- Update Bios
- Update Intel Chipset Firmware
- Run Avast Virus scan
- Uninstall and reinstall games
- Ran MSI Kombustor to test GPU and CPU (both appear to be working as expected)
- Ran MemTest64 on my ram and all tests passed successfuly
- Downloaded xperf and ran a test while I had one of the games open (BF2 in this case). CPU utilization is jumping to 100% often in the xperf log, but is utilization different then usage? Because Win 8.1 performance via the task manager never showed CPU usage over 20%
Additionally, I tried observing the task manager and AIDA64 while running the games to try and see what might be getting overworked. Everything appears fine on task manger, and the only thing I notice on AIDA64 is it lists CPU at 100% utilization (note that Windows task manager lists it at <20%). I'm not sure if these are measuring the same thing, but I thought I'd mention it.
Can anyone give me ideas on what could be the problem? Or perhaps software I can use to better narrow down the issue? At this point I don't know where to turn as I've done everything I can think of to try and fix the issue on my own.