This question already has an answer here:
In Excel 2010 I have several columns with data. I insert a column, and type a formula in the top cell of that column. I want to fill the formula into the remainder of the column, down to the same row as is filled for the other columns. Once the selection is made, I could use Paste, or Ctrl + D to fill down. My issue is with selecting row 1-N quickly (without the mouse).
Think of a sheet with 10k rows or more. My current inadequate solutions are:
- Use the mouse by scrolling and shift clicking on the last cell
- Use the arrow key while holding shift until reaching the last cell
- Use the page down key while holding shift until reaching the last cell
- Double click the formula cell handle to fill down (uses mouse)
- Ctrl + T to make it a table, then Ctrl + Space to select the data, then have to change it back from a table
Ctrl + Shift + Down works if the column has data in it, but if the column is empty it goes to the bottom of the sheet.