How to disable automatic driver installation in Windows 10?
I have this Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter (MacBook Pro 2011 w/ Boot Camp) whose driver I need to roll back to an earlier version for things to work properly, however Windows keeps reinstalling the newer version.
I tried the method outlined at http://windowsinstructed.com/disable-automatic-device-driver-download-in-windows-10/ to no avail:
- Open File Explorer and go to This PC.
- Then click on System Properties
- Under the Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings group, click on Change settings.
- Click on the Hardware tab.
- Under the the Device Installation Settings group, click on Device Installation Settings
- Now click on No, Let me choose what to do, then select Never Install Drivers from Windows Update.
- Click on Save Settings, a system reboot is then necessary for the changes to take effect.