My ISP gives a speed of 30Mbps upload and download. I have hooked up the Ethernet cable directly to my laptop and I am getting the promised speed.
Now when I connect using the router (a TP-Link TL-WR740N), the speed drops to half or even lesser.
Here are the details of the router and its settings:
- Firmware Version: 3.16.6 Build 130529 Rel.47286n
- Hardware Version: WR740N v4 00000000
- Wireless Radio: Enable
- Channel: Auto (currently channel 11)
- Mode: 11bgn mixed
- Channel Width: Automatic
- WDS Status: Disable
- Security: WPA/WPA2 - Personal
- Encryption: AES Beacon
- Interval: 100 RTS
- Threshold: 2346
- Fragmentation Threshold: 2346
- DTIM Interval: 1
- WMM: Enabled
- Short GI: Enabled
I have tried connection testing from both my mobile and laptop, but it's the same. Any clue on what is causing the performance issue?