I've been trying to make WOL work after full shutdown and I got it working. Magic Packet is being sent to broadcast by router and PC boots up even if it's fully shut down (here is how it's done in case that can provide any useful info. link. Alas, there is a problem. When PC is launched with Magic Packet, upon launch and loggin in into Windows:
- Network icon is shown with red cross
- In device manager adaptor got yellow triangle with ! near it
- In Properties, Device state it says "can't launch device, code 10"
- In event log, under errors, source e1cexpress, it says "Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection PROBLEM: Unable to start the network adapter.", event code 24
It won't work unless I disable and re-enable device in device manager and that's kind of defeats the whole point. I'm going to travel for a month and I'd like to have access to my PC from abroad. Therefore, I set up a way to launch my pc via Internet and for TeamViewer to be launched upon windows boot so I can log into my pc via TeamViewer and do what I need. Whole TeamViewer setup works, but only if I boot PC normally, not via WOL method. A thing to note is, that when I boot my PC normally, I get one TeamViewer ID, but when I boot via WOL, I get a different one (it's always same when I use WOL method).
If anyone got any ideas about what's causing this and how to make it work, please let me know. I'm leaving soon and I desperately need this setup working.
- OS: Win 7 x64
- MB: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
- Network adaptor: Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
- Driver: Latest from Intel website