I am trying to add sound to a custom built workstation with an Intel S2600CW motherboard; the “vanilla” S2600CW model. This motherboard does not have any built-in sound (for security reasons?), so I added a SoundBlaster Audigy RX PCI-E soundcard. I have installed the latest version of the Audigy driver package. Unfortunately no sound can be heard.
Here is what I did to test:
- played back audio via VLC, Media Player, Firefox and Windows Speaker Setup Test dialog
- tested with external speakers and 2 different sets of headphones
- tested Front Out/Headphone Out, Rear Out/Side Right and Center ports
- verified via audio control panel that soundcard is activated and set as default playback device
- de-activated NVIDIA HDMI audio devices via Playback panel
- green volume meter in Sound > Playback control panel moves up and down during playback, indicating sound is being output
- verified that Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services are running
- verified keys under HkeyLocalMachine > Software >Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > MMDevices > Audio > Renderer include AudioEndpointBuilder and Audioserv in permissions
- used Windows Sound troubleshooter but it didn't find anything
- Device Manager lists all sound devices as working properly
- no relevant warnings/errors in Event Viewer
- updated BIOS to version 01.01.0009
Is there anything else I can try?