I am running a Windows 7 x64 system. Over the last few weeks Firefox Version 40.0 will only launch the first time. After exiting, the next time I launch it it will not show anything on the screen.
- Firefox is not showing as running on the taskbar.
- Checking the task manager, Firefox does not show under Applications
- Firefox DOES show up under processes.
Ending the process and relaunching Firefox results in the same issue.
Restarting my system is the only way to get Firefox to launch again, and again, it will only work once.
Firefox will start in Safe Mode.
Things I have tried:
- Disabling all add-ons, extensions, etc.
- Logging out of my sync profile and creating a new one
- Uninstalled Firefox via Windows uninstall programs and then reinstalling
- Doing a "clean" install, meaning the C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox folder is deleted in its entirety and then Firefox is reinstalled.
I am completely stumped. As a side note, I also run Firefox Developer and it is giving me no problems and it has been installed and working fine with Firefox before this current issue started.
I do need the Firefox traditional browser as I develop and I need it as part of cross browser testing.
Anyone have any things to try that I have not already?
You help is appreciated!