I am testing out Google Photos. For the most part, it works nicely. It even integrates reasonably well with Google Drive, as advertised (I can view Drive photos in Google Photos and vice versa)
However, when I delete a photo from Google Drive, a problem arises. The photo is removed from photos.google.com, but if it happens to exist locally on my Android device, it is not deleted (as it should be). It still appears in Google Photos on my device.
Is this a bug within Google, or does anyone have a fix for this?
For clarification, here's an example workflow with the problem:
- Take two photos, A and B from my Android phone, which has Google Photos app
- After a few moments, A and B appear on photos.google.com and also in Google Drive > Google Photos
- On phone, select photo A and choose "delete device copy"
- From Google Drive, select A and B and delete both*
- After a few moments, both A and B are removed from photos.google.com. However, photo B remains on my phone. It should not.
*Note: if this step was instead "From photos.google.com, select A and B and delete both" then the result would be both photos deleted from my phone. This is the behaviour I would expect, and the fact that Drive yields a different behaviour seems erroneous.