Update: I mistakenly wrote Win RT instead of Embedded, corrected it.
Update: Added a bullet list to make it easier to see how the computers are configured.
I manage 13 computers running Win 8 embedded. A user is always logged on. The problem is that sometimes when a person wants to use the computer it is locked and he/she needs to type the password to login. The locking sometimes happen after about an hour, sometimes after a few days or even weeks. How is that possible with this configuration?
- Never sleep or hibernate
- Never turn off the monitor
- No screen saver
- Disabled the lock screen
- Updates are installed outside office hours
- When rebooted, user is logged in automatically
- Users don't have access to start menu (only touch screen and a full screen app)
- Users are not using the Win+l command
- The computers are in an AD, but no GPO:s regarding locking exists (and the locking occurs different times on different computers)