I have Windows 8 on my laptop. Two days back it was listing my home wifi network (Let me call it XYZ), but today I do not see it appearing in the Wifi List. I can see other Wifi networks in the list, but my own home Wifi network is not shown. I have tried from different locations in my house, but it has stopped listing.
I have another laptop which is able to see and connect to my XYZ wifi. I tried to do the following to fix.
1) Went to "Network and Sharing Center"
2) Clicked "Set up a new connection or network.
3) Put my home WiFi name in the "Network Name"
4) Chose the correct Security Type, Encryption Type and put the correct password in the dialog box.
5) After clicking the "Next" button I see dialog box, with the following message
A network called XYZ already exists.
It then gives me two options below the above message
1) Use the existing network
2) Choose a different name
If I choose the first option,nothing happens, the dialog box closes and I still do not see the XYZ wifi in the list.
(The winver command shows my version of windows as Windows 8, Version 6.2)
I found that executing the command "netsh wlan show profiles" lists XYZ name under the "User Profiles". I do not know what does it tell me and how do I use this information to fix this issue