I'm trying to remove write protection from my 32 GB microSD from QUMOX.
It worked till yesterday, when my phone said "SD card is damaged, try to format". So I did, no luck.
Every time I try to write files, delete / format partitions, delete files, or any other write operation, things do not change.
- moving the writeonly tab on the adapter
diskpartto remove readonly
- registry entry StorageDevices, couldn't find it
- switching adapters, nothing changed
- used MiniTool PartitionWizard for a "Surface Test", read is 100% fine
- used SD Formatter from SD Assosciation, says "disable write protection"
Any clues on why this happened? My SD card is pretty young, so I believe it's not because of the high use of it, the only use I can think of is adding some music once a month and using CCleaner for Android once a week.
The last time I formatted it made it undetectable by windows explorer (and thus any library depending on it), even if specialised software (i.e. Disk Management, KDEPartitionManager, MTPartitionWizard) still detects the disk and its partition, with all the files intact.
I'd also like to point that formatted my microSD three or four times, some on Windows, some on Linux, is it possible that the Protected Area got corrupt and OSs can't get code to write on it?
Thanks in advance.