As I have addressed in the title, I’m unable to access BIOS in my Windows 8.1 (pro) 64-bit version so that I can't turn on turbo boost.
The windows is too fast at start up, I can’t even see any key to access BIOS except for Esc or get enough time to try and press every possible BIOS key (F1, Del etc)
I have tried the solutions from various sites which don't work (Listed below)
- I tried pressing the Esc key to access startup menu, from which I think I may be able to access the BIOS setup, but the key doesn't work (Esc key works after getting to desktop though)
- To fix the above (Esc key) problem I was told to shutdown my laptop and remove the battery then hold down peer button for 30seconds followed by reinserting the battery after 10minutes
- I tried disabling fast startup of windows through power options --> choose what power buttons do --> disable fast start up
- Again tried disabling fast start up by shutdown /s /t 0 shortcut method and also by running a .bat file downloaded from the internet.
- I tried accessing by advanced start up in which I was told to select the uefi firmware settings which is not found in the advanced start up menu.
- Also I was told to shutdown by using shift + shutdown option and windows key + x + shutdown option to do a full shutdown so that I may get enough time to press F1, F2, F9, F10 or Delete key to access BIOS
Can you guys suggest me a different method to access BIOS or to fix the Esc key?