Okay so I attempted to fix a Windows 10 usb problem by following a month old forum. The instructions were:
- Unplug the power cord from desktop computer.
- Hold in the on/off button for approx. 10 seconds until the light goes off. This kills the reserve power.
- Unplug all of your USB cords from the back of your machine as well as any flash drive or any other USB device that is plugged into your computer.
- Insert the power plug back into your computer and power it up. Allow it to completely load everything that it needs to before you do anything else.
- Now start plugging your USB devices back into your computer one at a time while waiting for them to indicate that they are recognized. Do this with each one of your devices until all have been recognized.
- Now right/click on computer or This PC and choose Manage / Device Manager /USB Serial Controllers and check to see if any of them have the yellow tag. They should not have if the problem is corrected.
Unfortunately I only got to Step 4, when I press the power button nothing turns on. So now I'm at a complete loss. The only thing that seems to turn on though, would be the lights to my led keyboard when I plug it in. Anyways, how do I fix/turn on my PC again?
Here's a link to the forum: http://www.windows10forums.com/threads/unknown-usb-device-in-windows-10.1527/