I bought Brother MFC 7460DN and wanted to print things wirelessly. The printer itself does not have Wifi, so I wired it to my router.
Things I have tried:
- reset the printer's network setting
- upgraded its firmware
- updated driver for my computer (I am using a mac, os Yosemite)
- downloaded BRAdmin Light (provided tool to look for network printers) and tried to find the printer, but no luck
- tried to look for it using a PC, but still no luck
Seems like the printer itself is not configured to the network correctly, but I might be wrong. I did read the manual, but there were too many useless information and I did not find any solutions. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
I printed user settings and found that no ip was issue. I did not touch anything, what changes do I need to do?
Here is the information I got:
- boot method: AUTO
- ip address: 0.0.0.0
- subnet mask 0.0.0.0
- gateway 0.0.0.0
- wins config: 0.0.0.0
- wins server primary 0.0.0.0
- wins server secondary 0.0.0.0
- DNS Server primary 0.0.0.0
- DNS Server secondary 0.0.0.0
- APIPA: on
- ipv6: off
- ethernet auto