- 2 Dell U2414H Monitors
- 1 DP in
- 1 mini DP in
- 1 DP out
- 2 HDMI
- A laptop with (No DisplayPort)
- i7-4710MQ processor
- 16GB DDR3 (2x8)
- GT 840M - 2.0GB DDR3
- 1 HDMI port
- 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS & 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
- 1 USB/e-SATA
- 1 x 15 pin VGA OUT port
- Windows 10
My ultimate goal is to use the 2 monitors as extended monitors while no longer using my laptop screen. (Preferably by daisy chaining the 2 monitors.)
How would I go about achieving that goal? I did some research and came up with some options but I don't know for sure if they would actualy work (with my laptop and video card).
- Use a USB to DisplayPort adapter: Would this work? Could I use something like this or this or this? Is such a device capable of MST/daisy-chaining?
- Would I possibly need a DisplayPort hub like this? I assume such a thing is only necessary when a USB to DP on itself is not able of daisy chaining (MST)?
- I assume that two devices such as mentioned in 1. would work, though this might become quite expensive.
- Are there better/cheaper ways to achieve my goal?
PS: this question has about the same setup as Daisy chaining monitors with no DisplayPort on laptop but in that question there was no proposed solution for my problem (as none was asked).