I recently upgraded my Asus P500CA laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The upgrade process went fine, however, no sound is coming through my headphones even though there is sound coming out from the laptop's built-in speakers.
Symptoms/what I already tried:
- I hear sound from my computer, but when I plug in the headphones, the sound stops which means they get detected in a way.
- The headphones don't appear in Sound (control panel) so I'm not able to select them.
- I have enabled "Show disabled devices" in Sound, however, nothing changes.
- I have updated all sound-related drivers in Device Manager (if I try to update driver software again, Windows says it is already up-to-date).
- I have tried 2 different sets of headphones and neither of them work.
- I have a dual-boot, and from the other OS, I can hear the sound coming out of the headphones, which means the jack isn't damaged in any way.
I really don't know what the problem could be - I tried searching online but without any success. Does anybody know what else I could try?