One day, while we were playing on our w7 computer, we made a key combination that resulted on this screen (see image). Unfortunately we don't know what we did to get this. Can you please help us?

W7 cool screen

  • Bit of an odd thing to suspect but does the monitor come with any additional software? My dell comes with software that would turn windows into a nice snappable grid something like what you see there, but not with a shotcut. – Journeyman Geek Oct 9 '15 at 2:02
  • In Windows 10, you don't need to do this any more. Just hit WinKey+Tab to open Task View and you'll see all the windows that are open. – bwDraco Oct 12 '15 at 2:08

You can get that by right clicking on the Taskbar and selecting Show windows side by side.

Side by Side

To undo this, right click the Taskbar again and select Undo Show side by side.

enter image description here

  • I've had a pretty good look, but I can't find a key combo that will do the same thing. – Michael Frank Oct 9 '15 at 1:02

Does not exists a systemwide hotkey in Windows that performs that rearrange operation. An user click is needed on the taskbar as explained in @Michael Frank answer.

There is all the oficially keyboard shortcuts:


The logic to think what happened maybe is that you pressed a hotkey that activates a feature of a 3rd party app that does exactly that.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.