0

I've upgraded my HP Envy Ultrabook with preinstalled Windows 8 to Windows 10 about a month ago. All works enough smoothly - except the intrinsic Windows Mail & Calendar apps. They don't sync their contents automatically, even with my main Microsoft account linked to my Outlook.com email!

I tried different mailbox sync settings ("as items arrive", "every 15 minutes", etc.) - nothing helps. I tried to disconnect my local account from Microsoft account, and even created a new user from scratch - no result again.

The auto-sync also does not work for other mail accounts, not only for Outlook.com. Sometimes I even get the following error when trying to sync manually:

Windows 10 Mail app sync error 0x86000c0a

It seems, the problem is in a system service that should sync all personal data from my Microsoft account automatically. When I open the Mail app, I see the informational message like "Last updated 8 days ago" at the bottom of the message list. When I click the Sync this view toolbox button, the app downloads the fresh contents without problems in the vast majority of cases.

If somebody knows a concrete recipe that may help, write it, please. Don't send me to the following source, it did not help:

https://support.office.com/en-in/article/Resolve-Sync-issues-in-Mail-and-Calendar-apps-in-Windows-10-0dd86c69-18f3-4f73-9d3d-375bdc9c3e34

The solution with updating the Mail app described here also does not work as I the Store app tells me the Mail app is installed and I have the latest version:

Windows 10 Mail program never syncs automatically

Perhaps, I need to reinstall the app using a PowerShell command or something like that - I do not know...

  • You should supply us with the version of the Mail application you are using currently. – Ramhound Oct 14 '15 at 12:10
  • @Ramhound, it's 17.6306.42251.0 – TecMan Oct 14 '15 at 12:15
  • You can reach hotmail.com within a browser. Update your question with any new information you want to provide. – Ramhound Oct 14 '15 at 12:16
  • @Ramhound, Sure I can use Outlook.com in all 3 browsers I have and also on my Windows Phone phones ;) – TecMan Oct 14 '15 at 12:17
  • 1
    @Ramhound, I also removed the app using the Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage command in PowerShell and reinstalled it again, but this did not help. – TecMan Oct 14 '15 at 12:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.