Looked through available options, but failed to find the one in a format I would understand steps.
Working with Excel. Need to have cell changing color based on specific wordS (not one). For example if in cell someone inputs words "Mouse, keyboard, hub, external drive, pointer" plus a hundred of others from specific predefined (by myself in another hidden worksheet) list, then it changes in purple, and if words appear like "Excel, PowerPoint, Software, Array, Screen, Window" etc, it changes yellow. Other words, these words should attract attention of specific specialist owing to see the specific color (and words tagged to this color).
In a simple way:
- Create list A of 50 (or even more) texts (Worksheet 2, hidden)
- Create list B of 100 texts (or even more) (Worksheet 2, hidden)
- If in specific cell (column or row) of Worksheet 1 a text from List A appears, that specific cell (cells) change color to purple, if from list B then yellow.
- Cell remains unchanged if a) word is different than List A and B; b) misspelled or b) left blank.
- Do not want to use "Dropdown" option, considering that number of options could be huge and customers suffer of not seeing small text or being just lazy.
- Do want to go through "Conditional formatting" with "Specific text" for 2 reasons: 1) too long selecting it one by one and 2) would be difficult for auditor to check which text values are listed for format change.