After two weeks and hours of testing, researching and stripping machine down to just board, psu and proc outside of box, I am still getting a CPU LED Error which is causing the unit to not post. Before taking all other hardware out, it would power on, fans would power, drives etc. it would stay powered until i did a hard shut down. No beeps from speaker and no other LED Error lights. The only non powered devices where the USB devices. I also couldn't get signal to display from both on-board and video card.
After getting unit down to mobo, PSU and proc + 2 different coolers outside of case on cardboard, i still get the same results. Note: I have even RMA the motherboard to ASUS. They took a week and sent it back with no notes or nothing. I contacted support and they stated "We don't share the repair notes with the customer, but we did have it working. Try resetting BIOS". Obviously did that before sending it to them, again after words but 0 change I have tried nearly everything I can think of including:
- Remounting proc with new paste
- Checking socket with mag glass for bent pins
- Proc in friends old board (lga1155 socket also) worked
- Cleared CMOS (jumper, jumper + new battery)
- BIOS flashback from usb (had to use the utility as i don't have a display because of the cpu error)
- Checking all cables for plug issues or open wires etc
- Had all components besides MOBO tested separately at a retail shop as they had all the proper equipment. All worked fine.
- Checked manual to ensure proc was compatible
I was working for about 4 months after i got the mobo new and stopped when I added a AIO cooler the graphics card. But not right way, about another month after. I have since removed the card and taken it out of the equation, but still have same results.
Can anyone please give me some ideas or call me out on something that I am missing? I am losing hope after 2 weeks of constant failure.