I have a problem where every few days Windows 8.1 tries to update and it starts the update, gets to 30% and then restarts as normal. However after restart I get a blue screen of death, and the computer then goes into a reboot/blue screen loop. There was no power cut or any interruption during the update.
After a few loops I get the option to repair startup, restore etc. but none of the options fix the issue apart from starting in safe mode. Starting in safe mode then leads to the screen saying 'Unable to complete updates, removing files' or something similar. After two more restarts with this message I am back to a working computer, until the next time...
I have now turned off automatic updates, but is there any way I can find out which particular update is causing the problem? At the moment I have 7 important updates:
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3093983)
- Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3105216)
- Security Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3042058)
- Security Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3080446)
- Security Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3088195)
- Security Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3097966)
- Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3083711)
I also have 21 optional updates that I won't list as they weren't trying to be installed. I'm not sure what other information I can provide to help so feel free to let me know.
I still have a working computer so this is not critical, just frustrating and time consuming.
102215-44578-01.dmp 22/10/2015 19:09:48 SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000007e ffffffff
c0000005 fffff802d370b732 ffffd001
6dd53218 ffffd0016dd52a20 LubFsFlt.sys LubFsFlt.sys+78e0 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+89732 C:\windows\Minidump\102215-44578-01.dmp 2 15 9600 284,944 22/10/2015 19:12:10
Device Manager shots as requested: