- Get Apple TV to play on my external display.
- Apple TV (4th gen)
- MacBook Pro (mid 2015) w/ports 2x Thunderbolt, 2x USB, 1x HDMI, 1x audio out / mic in.
- Apple Cinema Display. Connected to mini display port (which works via Thunderbolt port) to converter of mini display port + USB > display port for monitor.
How can I get my Apple TV to play on the display without having to disconnect my MacBook from the display? Here are some ideas I've had so far, from most to least desirable:
- Connect Apple TV to MBP via HDMI > thunderbolt (not sure this is possible)
- Connect Apple TV directly to display via HDMI > DVI converter
- Connect Apple TV to MBP via HDMI > USB converter + software