I have a website that I created on a WAMP (latest version 64 bit) server. It runs perfectly from the localhost directory. I'm now ready to have outside connections connect to my www directory. My issue is there is something blocking me from viewing it when I enter in http://71.229.5.x:80
- WAMP server was put online
- httpd.config file in the apache directory was adjusted so that Listen was set to Listen 0.0.0.0:80
- My router was set to port forward on 80 (xfinity router).
- netstat -a -n confirms TCP: 0.0.0.0:80 is listening
- All known firewalls are completely shut off
- telnet 10.0.0.x 80 on main computer connects (displays html from wamp)
- telnet 10.0.0.x 80 on laptop (on same network) connects (same thing with html)
- telnet 71.229.5.x 80 Failed to connect
I feel like I'm right there and I'm just missing one step. The main question seems to be why can't outside requests reach my IP? I should also mention that aside from what I provided above I'm a complete noob when it comes to these types of issues. Any type of help would be greatly appreciated. If there's anything else I can do to provide insight please let me know!