My icon adobe reader is now icon of Windows Photo Viewer on Taskbar. How can I fix it? I tried to uninstall or repair but it didn't work.
Found it here : https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1113673?tstart=0
- Remove, unpin or delete Adobe Acrobat icon from the Start Menu, the desktop and (if you have it there) from the taskbar.
- Go to C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs and you'll find the "sinner" "Adobe Acrobat XI Pro" with the wrong icon. The that looks like a shortcut. Delete it!.. Close the window.
- Go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Acrobat 11.0 > Acrobat... and find Acrobat.exe
- Right click on Acrobat.exe > Send to > Desktop
- Right click again on Acrobat.exe > Pin to Start Menu... and close the window
- Right click on Acrobat.exe - shortcut (that you just created on your desktop) > Copy
- Go back to: C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs... and Paste the shortcut here (you need administrator privileges for that)
- Rename this shortcut from "Acrobat.exe - shortcut" to "Adobe Acrobat XI Pro"
- Close the window
- Now if you open any PDF document, the right icon will appear on the taskbar.
The workaround (solution) was as simple as to change the default application for .ico files to Microsoft Paint.
This solved the problem for the poster as well as for me, :) - (Looks like a bug with the Adobe Acrobat Installer package for Windows 10.)