My icon adobe reader is now icon of Windows Photo Viewer on Taskbar. How can I fix it? I tried to uninstall or repair but it didn't work.
Try following this tutorial; How to Reset and Clear All Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10 if it works I will post a detailed answer.– RamhoundNov 5, 2015 at 12:16
It doesn't work.– JoeyNov 5, 2015 at 16:06
I can't believe this problem is still not fixed in 2020.– J-qakJan 22, 2020 at 22:19
Found it here : https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1113673?tstart=0
- Remove, unpin or delete Adobe Acrobat icon from the Start Menu, the desktop and (if you have it there) from the taskbar.
- Go to C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs and you'll find the "sinner" "Adobe Acrobat XI Pro" with the wrong icon. The that looks like a shortcut. Delete it!.. Close the window.
- Go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Acrobat 11.0 > Acrobat... and find Acrobat.exe
- Right click on Acrobat.exe > Send to > Desktop
- Right click again on Acrobat.exe > Pin to Start Menu... and close the window
- Right click on Acrobat.exe - shortcut (that you just created on your desktop) > Copy
- Go back to: C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs... and Paste the shortcut here (you need administrator privileges for that)
- Rename this shortcut from "Acrobat.exe - shortcut" to "Adobe Acrobat XI Pro"
- Close the window
- Now if you open any PDF document, the right icon will appear on the taskbar.
1Please read How to reference material written by others. You need to quote copied text that you didn't write. I've done it for you this time.– DavidPostill ♦Dec 12, 2015 at 16:12
11According to a now deleted answer: for some installations it might not be
AcroRd32.– ArjanAug 6, 2016 at 15:44
2I had figured this fix out on my own, but after a month or so it just happens again. I've yet to find a permanent solution. Feb 17, 2018 at 3:05
1Just had Acrobat reader update automatically, and it again installed at shortcut with wrong icon - this is definitely some weird bug in the Adobe installer!– codelingMay 18, 2018 at 6:52
2I had no Pin to Start Menu option (step 5), so I just renamed the shortcut on the Desktop, copied the remained shortcut back to the Start Menu >> Programs folder (step 7), deleted the shortcut on the Desktop, dragged the shortcut in the Start Menu to the pinned shortcuts area, and it worked. :)– Jim FellOct 17, 2018 at 14:03
I didn't try the existing solution posted by Shivam here, but, rather got another workaround (solution) from the thread Adobe Reader icon not showing on Windows 10.
The workaround (solution) was as simple as to change the default application for .ico files to Microsoft Paint.
This solved the problem for the poster as well as for me, :) - (Looks like a bug with the Adobe Acrobat Installer package for Windows 10.)
but the "fixed" icon doesn't seem to be the new red border back in fill logo Oct 4, 2018 at 14:36
@DanielCheung - Would you elaborate a bit more? I didn't get what you meant! Oct 4, 2018 at 17:55
1The icon became botw-pd.s3.amazonaws.com/styles/logo-thumbnail/s3/0017/9729/…, not upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4c/…. The latter is the latest logo. Oct 6, 2018 at 13:12
1Works like a charm! Aug 28, 2019 at 6:19
This is probably not a workaround but a fix to the source of the problem. Oct 28, 2019 at 18:11